Friday, January 8, 2010

The Little Things

After my epic journey from Phoenix to Jacksonville to Washington, D.C. to Zurich to Bucharest to Chisinau to Comrat, I decided to post about the little things I missed about America while I was in Moldova.


Shower curtains


Non-German beer varieties


Turning on the heat when it gets the least bit cold


Purple mountains


Seeing my own feet (I wear wool socks 24/7 in Comrat)


Not wearing long underwear or anything wool


Being able to walk into a store and look at clothes without a clerk asking you what’s taking so long


Large bookstores


Hoodlum’s (I really broke the bank on new CDs while I was home)


Spin magazine (I just consumed their issue on Pearl Jam...amazing)


Knowing where you can purchase something


Using idioms without worrying if people will understand them


Swearing


My grandma’s potica (delicious raisin and nut pastry)


Riding in cars


Blowdrying my hair (I couldn’t find a hairdryer for the longest time in Comrat)


Paying for things with a debit card


Wearing funky t-shirts


Coffee-maker coffee


Chicken wings


Watching American sports on TV (We’re hoping that March Madness will get some coverage on cable.)


Access to my DVD collection

No comments:

Post a Comment